Migration Mailboxes between on-premises exchange server with Office 365
Review and Enable the MRSProxy service
- Logon on-primes exchange server.
- Open PowerShell as Administrator and run follow cmdlet.
Import-Module servermanager Servermanagercmd -I RPC-over-HTTP-proxy
3. Open Exchange Management Shell, and run follow cmdlet, make sure MRS proxy is enable.
Get-WebServiceVirtualDirectory | fl server,mrs*
4. Run follow cmdlet to enable MRS proxy if it’s disable.
Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory -Identity "EWS (Default Web Site)" -MRSProxyEnabled $true -MRSMaxConnections 50
Create a migration endpoint
Prior to performing on-boarding and off-boarding remote move migrations in an Exchange hybrid deployment, we recommend that you create Exchange remote migration endpoints. The migration endpoint contains the connection settings for an on-premises Exchange server that is running the MRS proxy service, which is required to perform remote move migrations to and from Exchange Online.
- Logon office 365 portal with administrator account, open Exchange Admin Center.
- Select Recipients and click migration.
- Click … and select Migration endpoints.
4. On the migration endpoints page, click +.
5. On the new migration endpoint page, select Exchange Remote and then click Next.
6. On the Enter on-premises account credentials page, enter Email address, name and password, make sure it has administrative privileges, and then click Next.
7. Type Remote MRS proxy server FQDN on the Confirm the migration endpoint page, click Next.
8. On the Enter general information page, type Migration endpoint name, Maximum concurrent migrations, Maximum concurrent incremental sync and then click New.
9. Click Close after complete creating migration endpoint.
Hope you enjoy this post.