This exercise will perform a double swing migration from Server 2016 Storage Spaces to Server 2022 Storage Spaces.
1. On the Hyper-V Host, Right Click TMS2D01 and click Settings.
2. Click SCSI Controller and click DVD drive, then click Add.
3. Browse to e:\ISO.
4. Select the ISO image file.
5. If not running, Start TMS2D01 and logon as Techmentor\Administrator.
6. Review the Storage Spaces Configuration in Server Manager.
7. Open an Administrative Powershell Prompt and run the following commands.
8. Double click on the E:
9. Double click on Setup.exe.
10. On the Install Windows Server Page, Click Next.
11. On the Select, Image Page, Select Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Evaluation (Desktop Experience) and click next.
12. On the Applicable notices and license terms page, click accept.
13. Choose what to keep on the screen. Then, click the X at the top right to close the setup program.
14. It looks like that didn’t work.
15. Why Did the Upgrade not work? Is Server 2016 a valid Upgrade Path to 2022?
16. From an administrative command prompt, run the command is below and click Yes to reboot.
DISM /Online /Set-Edition:ServerStandard /ProductKey: CB7KF-BWN84-R7R2Y-793K2-8XDDG /AcceptEula
17. On the Hyper-V Console for TMS2D01, click on media and DVD Drive and click insert.
18. Launch Setup.
19. On the Select Image Page, click Windows Server 2019 Datacenter (Desktop Experience) and click next.
20. On the Applicable notices and license terms, click accept.
21. On the choose what to keep page, click next.
22. On the ready to install page, click install.
23. It will take about 20 minutes to complete the installation.
24. Logon as Techmentor\adminsitrator.
25. Review the Storage Spaces Configuration.
26. Open an administrative PowerShell prompt and run the following.
27. Now check the version of ReFS.
28. Type fsutil fsinfo refsinfo d: and press enter.
29. We can see the Version is 3.4, which indicates that it is Server 2019.
30. From the Hyper-V Console for TMS2D01, click on Media and click DVD Drive and click insert disk.
31. Insert the Server 2022 full media, not evaluation.
32. Launch the setup and on the Install, Windows Server Page, click next.
33. On the Product Key Page, type the product key and click Next.
34. On the Select, Image Page, select Windows Server 2022 Datacenter (Desktop Experience) and click Next.
35. On the Applicable Notices and license terms, click accept.
36. On the Choose what to keep, select the keep files, settings, and apps and click next.
37. On the Ready to install page, click install.
38. The installation will take about 20 minutes.
39. When completed, login as Techmentor\Administrator.
40. Click Start and type winver.
41. We can see we have been upgraded to Server 2022.
42. From an Administrative PowerShell Prompt type
43. Type fsutil fsinfo refsinfo d:
44. We can now see the refs version has been upgraded to Server 2022 (3.7).