Enable Password Change for AD FS
If you have an ADFS or Dirsync with Password sync identity it will not allow you to change your password in the cloud. You will receive. But you can configure change password functionality for ADFS server to solve the issue.
The change password functionality is disabled in ADFS, you can follow below steps to enable it.
- Logon to ADFS Server.
- Open AD FS Management and run as administrator.
- Expand Service and select Endpoint.
- Right click /adfs/portal/updatepasword and click Enable.
5. It will pop up warning message said “This action requires a restart of the AD FS Windows Service”, click OK.
6. Right click /adfs/portal/updatepassword again and then click Enable on Proxy.
7. It will pop up warning message said “This action requires a restart of the AD FS Windows Service on federation server and all federation server proxies”, click OK.
8. Restart Active Directory Federation Services.
9. Once enabled this functionality, users can access the change password page via https://adfsFQDN/adfs/portal/updatepassword/.
Hope you enjoy this post.