As part of the migration process the Flexible Single Master Operations Roles (FSMO) will need to be transferred to TMDC03. It is quite common to have these roles spread out throughout the infrastructure. It is also very important to understand what each of these five roles does in a multi-master Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS) domain.
1. Logon to TMDC03 as Techmentor\Administrator.
2. Open an Administrative PowerShell Prompt.
3. Run Get-ADForest Techmentor.com | Select SchemaMaster,DomainNamingMaster.
4. Run Get-ADDomain Techmentor.com | Select RIDMaster,InfrastructureMaster,PDCEmulator.
5. Run Netdom Query FSMO.
6. Run Move-ADDirectoryServerOperationMasterRole -identity TMDC03 -OperationMasterRole PDCEmulator,RIDMaster,InfrastructureMaster,SchemaMaster,DomainNamingMaste.
7. Run Netdom Query FSMO.
Hope you enjoy this post.