About five days ago Microsoft announce via a blogpost that they have introduced a new Switch and Save program.
This program is called Vmware Shift and is gear to help drive adoption of Windows Server 2016’s amazing Virtualization Stack.
Here is a little snip from the blog post at Microsoft:
More reasons to switch to Windows Server 2016 than ever before
Recently we shared the new Gartner x86 Server Virtualization Infrastructure Magic Quadrant where Microsoft was not only positioned as a leader for the sixth year in a row, but also closed the gap with VMware by moving up and to the right. This is a recognition of Microsoft’s ability to execute and completeness of vision and was published at the same time as another Magic Quadrant – Gartner’s Cloud Infrastructure as a Service Magic Quadrant – in which Microsoft was also recognized as a leader. It should also be noted that Microsoft is a leader in four critical cloud-focused Gartner magic quadrants: x86 Server Virtualization, Public Cloud Storage Services, Cloud Infrastructure as a Service and Enterprise Application Platform as a Service where VMware doesn’t even rank in some of these.
We are looking forward to September and the Ignite conference where we will launch Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016. This will mark the release of the OS and the management platform that will bring new security capabilities such as Shielded Virtual Machines, Just Enough and Just in Time Administration along with many other security features as well as new software-defined datacenter capabilities for compute, storage, and networking, such as Rolling OS Cluster Upgrades, Storage Spaces Direct, Storage Replica, the SDN Load Balancer, Network Controller, Distributed Firewall, and the Azure Data Plane for starters.
So what is your Call to Action?
- Step 1: Engage your account executive or sales rep to begin the process.
- Step 2: Identify virtualized workloads to migrate and specify the Windows Server Datacenter cores required.
- Step 3: Provide your account executive proof of eligibility. (Offer applicable to customers migrating from VMware to Microsoft).
- Step 4: Engage your partner to start the migration process.
- Step 5: Receive free Windows Server Datacenter licenses with Software Assurance and pay only the cost of Software Assurance to kick start your migration.
Hope you enjoy,